Rustic Stars

Sunday, October 11, 2009

On our last Nature Walk, the kids and I picked up sticks for a little star project.





Really, this was just something to make together, with no intended purpose. Although now that we've started a little star collection, the ideas are flowing with uses for them and none of them have to do with the Blair Witch Project.



::Small Christmas Ornaments tied with red yarn; a star for the treetop;

::Hung from our porch with twinkling lights for a rustic outdoor chandelier or stuck in a planter with twinkling lights to make the season bright;

::Hung from the ceiling of the kids' cabin theme room;



You don't think my sweet little stars are cryptic, do you? I was going for "rustic."


I'm linking this up to Kimba's DIY Day & Kim's Get Your Craft On today!

13 Creative People Had This To Say:

Braley Mama said...

They are Awesome! What a great idea. Good job mama!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I will have to do these with my kiddos! :)

New to your blog! Love it! :)
Amy

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Okay, how cute would these be sprayed red, white and blue for the 4th? And I don't even decorate for that holiday!

Me needs to be roundin' up some twigs for some ittybitty ones for my xmas garland ;)

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

With so many twigs on my property I could go crazy making twiggy stars! I actually made some similar to this last Christmas. I am busy with all my crafting for Christmas. Bon bons are almost finished and I will be revamping my wreathes and garlands. I'm taking photos as I go with plans for a whole series of 'Creating Christmas' posts throughout November so do pop over. Can't wait to see what other Christmas goodies you produce Kristin!

carol said...

Wow...I took a walk on the path through our woods Saturday after dinner...picking up sticks with Dave/Pat to use as kindling for their fireplace! There's still lots more twigs for Belle, Boo and Baby....Just think of more crafts using twigs!!!!

Kelli said...

I LOVE, LOVE this idea. Thanks so much for sharing!

Christine said...

Very cute! Nice job!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Ohh I just love natural decor!!

honeysmom said...

I don't have small children, but I love your stars! I think I'm going to make some lighted ones for my deck!

Ruth said...

I have made these, too. They are great. I love to add them all over the place.

Ruth

Amy said...

These are lovely! I love projects made from natural materials.

2sisters said...

They are darling! My son has an Americana themed room w/ lots of stars, but I was looking for some different ones to add, now I know where to get (make) them! Thanks

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Ha, I did kinda think blair witch, lol. But really, they're pretty! I love when people use natural things in their decor. Ohhh, a bunch of these hanging from your light over a dining table, that would be cool. :)