Girls Room:: Dallas Sources

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The girls' room is coming along painfully slow (to me, anyway).  I made it my Memorial Day goal to get fabric for the one window in the room.  And although I finally ended up with a purplish grey printed cotton from Hancock, I found a few new sources for fabric.  


Fabric sources:  Sew Mama Sew Shop (online)
City Craft (small local fabric shop that carries Amy Butler, Anna Marie Horner, Michael Miller, etc.)


I totally thought this was grey when I bought it.  When I stepped outside the store, it was obviously more purple.  But I still like it. 

I'm still on the mad hunt for a vintage tall dresser/chest of drawers/wardrobe thing to paint a pale pink.  In my hunt, though, I've found a few new Dallas shops that sell used furniture:

Lula B's: 2 locations with booths of Mid-century relics, furniture.
Atomica Modern: more Mid-century goodness.
Salvation Army at Harry Hines (although the entrance is on Inwood): the largest SA I've been to, loads of furniture.  


Still looking...

Any local favorites you've found?
Photobucket

3 Creative People Had This To Say:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Kristen, email me for my secret placed to look.

Ana Degenaar said...

Kristen I loveeee that fabric! I need some for my daughter's room and I think that the colors and pattern of those are perfect!

Braley Mama said...

You are in Dallas? We are moving there to work for Gospel For Asia in Carrollton. Ever heard of them??
Hope you find your dresser! I love the Fabric too!