Mini Quilt Monday: A Mini Quilt in a Week

Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday:  Find inspiration on flickr...this seriously makes me want to join a quilting bee.  Rumage through stash.


Tuesday: Cut, piece, sew, repeat.



Wednesday: Add backing and quilt.

Thursday:  Bind mindlessly while watching a movie you've already seen. (Pulp Fiction is now streaming on Netflix?  Sure, let's just watch a few minutes.)


Friday: Find a good hanging stick.



Saturday: Try it out all over our house and still never seem to find it's home...it's in the schoolroom for the now...

What are you working on this week?

ps, i'm linking this up to Fresh Lemons Quilts' Mini Quilt Monday party and TCB's Get Your Craft On.

12 Creative People Had This To Say:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

The only part of this that I'd be good at is finding a stick. LOVE.

Debbie said...

Very cool mini! I really like your post about it too....fun. Love rebecca's comment - haha.

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

you had a fun week! love this wonky pinwheel and your day by day! Thanks for taking us along!

elizabeth said...

OH what a lovely mini quilt....and I think the hanging stick is perfect : )

Emily said...

Nice mini quilt. I like the wonky pinwheels and the cool stick you hung it on.

Jessica said...

this looks great. It's funny, I immediately thought of that spotted stone's quilt when I saw it (which I also have favorited) and then I clicked through as saw that it was your inspiration. I love how you hung it on that rough stick, very cool.

Shandra Lenae said...

The color and patterns in this are perfect! Great Job!
TheFamilyThatPlaysTogether.com

care said...

It's beautiful!

Rachel said...

LOVE IT! Can you teach me how to do this at Christmas?

Faith Jones said...

I LOVE it and your hanging branch is really cool. :)

Catie said...

You make this look so easy! :)

Kirsten said...

Love this mini quilt and the stick idea is good too!