Field Trip 3: Dallas Symphony Orchestra

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today the DSO began their Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra series.  We went to a performance for PreK-2nd graders, where we thought we would be judged less severely for children who are not robots.  And we were not disappointed.  And did not feel judged, even though at any given time at least two of my kids were out of their seats.

Tickets were $6 and a week before the show opened, we received a package in the mail with a CD of the music, and a study guide full of great ideas for teaching kids all about the orchestra.  








And in our last two field trips, we've started two new traditions:  a family photo - because us moms are so rarely in the pictures, and lunch out - because it's easy and a good bribe for proper field trip behavior.  






I'm definitely appreciating Dallas more.  Think we may try to go to the Arboretum next while my parents are in town.  I love it in the fall!

2 Creative People Had This To Say:

Rachel said...

What beautiful pictures. Glad you were able to get in on one too! Ah, that Arboretum comment makes me miss the DC Arboretum, one of my favorite places ever.

christygirl said...

I'd comment and say how much I'm loving these field trip posts...but then you'd know how far past bedtime I stayed up. Ooops, oh well, at least there's coffee!