First Quilt Contest Entry

Monday, October 29, 2012



Remember this quilt?  
I blogged about finishing the top last fall, but never posted once it was quilted. Now seems like a good time, since it's all autumnal and all and the Blogger's Quilt Festival is going on.
    


The idea came from a book called Quilting for Peace, where I saw one with shades of blue sawtooth stars.  It was beautiful.  
So I started one in shades of coral.  
88  sawtooth stars.  
It was slow and steady wins the race for this quilt, but I love it so it was worth it.




I had it professionally quilted last December by a woman who works at a local quilt shop.  I asked her to do an all over meander and avoid the stars.  She did such a tight meander and left the stars unquilted for me-which makes them really pop, don't you think? 


Then I took it home to my folks last Christmas and bound it fireside with my mom.  
Which is a pretty nice way to spend the holidays.  



Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 67″x 88″
Special techniques used : detailed piecing
Quilted by : Martha Wolf
Best Category : Two Color Quilt, Professionally Quilted, Bed Size
Entry No: 425


Nominations begin November 1st, 
so check out all the beautiful entries if you haven't been over to the Festival yet!

Amy's Creative Side


More on my quilt here:


11 Creative People Had This To Say:

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

Those colors are DELICIOUS!!! Very nice!

Simply Sandy said...

Great quilt. I love how snuggly it looks after it was washed!

CitricSugar said...

This is just so pretty! I love your colour choices.

ColleenaMareena said...

Beautiful! Love the color palette and all of the different shades that work together so well!

Alison V. said...

This is so gorgeous! Orange and coral are underappreciated and so beautiful!

Emily said...

I love the simplicity of this quilt which makes it so striking.

martilindsey said...

I've been "fixing to" make a star quilt with a black background. Love your quilt...Thanks for the inspiration!
Cheers~
Marti in San Diego

Rachel said...

I love the "washed look" too, beautiful work, Kristen, I'm always amazed. Sewing my the fire with mom sounds nice too :)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

EIGHTY EIGHT????

I feel overwhelmed just thinking about it.

It turned out gorgeous (as ALL your projects do), and not only that - it's snuggliness shows through in the photos. PERFECT for fall! You know...once we cool down for good....mid December?

Quilting Babcia said...

Very pretty quilt! Love the colors.

Nana said...

Lovely stars!