WIP: An Ombre Plus Quilt

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

First, Happy Anniversary to my brother and sister in law!

They're going to have to wait til Christmas for this one, but here's what I'm working on...(inspired by the pia wallen crux blanket and this baby quilt)


Now for the backing...I've been thinking about a mustard or saffron whole cloth back like:



but...it's not my quilt, so I'm just straight out asking my brother/sister in law who have way more creativity than me what I should use on the back.  I'm sure they will pick something in a completely different, but much better, direction.

What would you put on the back? 

Linking up for ideas at Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday

6 Creative People Had This To Say:

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

I love this quilt! What a great idea. I love the Anna Maria Horner print you showed, I have quite a bit stashed just because I love it so much. I also love the idea of putting something really bright and a bit crazy on the back of a quilt that is otherwise very clean and elegant.

Anonymous said...

I love BOTH of your choices! I would go for it--totally cool choices!

Rachel said...

Beautiful, as usual. Personally, I prefer your first choice, love the safron. But it'll be fantastic whatever you choose...

Chez Roo said...

Love the ombré! I like the AMH print for the back, too.

audrey said...

This quilt is fantastic! I love the ombre theme. I love AMH, so I say go with that! :)

Mrs. Bianca said...

Oh that is so beautiful!!!